Once upon a time, I wanted to start a blog about women and their sexuality, talking about the things that my mother wouldn’t want to know and the things that I think that all young women should know about themselves and such. And then I wanted to create a radically feminist blog that mentioned vaginas in every other sentence and just took all of the stigma from the word. But neither of those was really my calling.
One day, I sat down and looked at myself, and my journey and my situation, and I decided that the best thing for me to do was to just try to be honest about myself and my journey. This blog is the culmination of that decision for honesty.
- a 20-something millennial who is trying to find her place in the world
- a feminist, working on using her voice to scream out about the injustices of the world
- a flawed person, who in no way pretends to be perfect, and constantly trips over everything from flat surfaces to deadlines to personal expectations
- a daughter of God, who has taken some detours along the way, and is still trying to find her way on the path of God’s true love (even though I know it’s unconditional)
- a crisis counselor, volunteering with Crisis Text Line and oh so proud to be there every week
- a woman, who has struggled in this world because of who she is and what her ambitions could be
- a person, who deserves to be treated equally and fairly and just wants the same for everyone