Snow has come to Savannah and I’ve been stuck inside for 2 days. (We got two inches of snow and the city has shut down until further notice [We apparently only have 5 trucks in the county capable of handling this kind of thing, so it’s taking a while].) I have work to do, but I also took advantage of this opportunity and did a little revamp on my blog today.
It’s a new year; I’m ready to refocus on this blog, my book and my mission, and I thought it would be a great time to reinvent the look of this website. And, I gotta say, I’m really excited about the look of this so far. I can’t wait to delve in to the new year, in blogging, reading, and empowerment.
Since it’s a new year, I’ve gotten caught up in the making of resolutions and trying to make a fresh start and all. As much as I don’t really believe in resolutions, I am trying to just make a few small changes that will make my life better in the long run, and improve my relationships.
So, my friends, here they are, in the flesh, or rather, the typeface, my resolutions, or rather my goals for 2018. And also included are some of my hopes for this blog, which I want to continue to grow and change and empower throughout this next year.
Here we go!
Goals for 2018
- One of the first things that I did for 2018 was to come up with my reading list for the year and arrange them with pride of place on my bookshelves. I have also written them out here if you want to take a look!
- I want to try to start a book group this year with some of my wonderful followers! Fill out the form below to sign up. Right now, I’m using it as a way to gauge interest. I want to get it started by January 22nd.
- You can also follow me on Goodreads to see my progress on the list!
- My relationship with God is something that I want to work on this year. Many of the books on my reading list are designed to grow that relationship, and my Bible is something that I will be holding dear this year. I got a new journaling Bible a few months ago, and I’m hoping to fill it up with love and personal notes and annotations throughout the year.
- Along that vein, I am launching a new page, Faith Corner, which will focus on faith and my journey and God’s love. I would LOVE some collaborators on that page and people who are willing to share their testimonies that I can include on the page
- Better communication
- Blog posts and Instagram updates are all well and good, but they can’t replace the simple email and letter. This year, I am looking to start improving my letter writing skills, as well as possibly start a newsletter for Fearlessly Flawed Feminist
- Improving my blog
- Comment at the bottom of this post or email email@example.com to tell me what kind of posts you would like to see on this blog or any ideas you have on how to make it better! I would love to get to know my audience better and meet you where you need 🙂
- Write that book!
- 2018 is going to be the year when I finally finish the book that I’ve been working on for the last 2.5 years: Love Letters to a Warr;or. Keep an eye out for the updates on that!
I can’t wait to see what 2018 brings for me, for us and for Fearlessly Flawed Feminist. I am so excited for the empowerment, the faith, the revolution that will be taking place!