The beautiful @moodsreflective and Michele from Mindful Wellness tagged me in this blogging tradition, The Liebster Award. So, I’m answering both their questions and will follow the rest of the rules of the Liebster Award!
This tag is meant to help bring more awareness to your blog, as well as be able to help others grow in the process by passing it along to other bloggers that you nominate. We’re here to make connections amongst each other in the blogging community, you guys, so this is a perfect way to make those connections to get your blog goin’. So, here are the ground rules, as I’ve seen them:
- You recognize the person who tagged you in the first place in your Liebster Award post.
- You answer the questions they included in their post for you to answer (they’ll normally insert the new questions they want you to answer towards the end of their blog post. I almost got confused and thought I was supposed to answer the questions that were already answered, lol).
- You create 11 new questions for the people you nominated to answer.
- You’ll tag the bloggers you feel you’d want to see do this tag, preferably if they have around 200 followers or less (help their follower count jump the fuck uupp).
Here are the questions from the wonderful moodsreflective!
Who are you writing for: the people, or yourself?
I’m writing for me, mostly, as a way to express myself and get in the regular practice of writing more. I also wanted to join a community of people who were similar-minded and dedicated to blogging and sharing and would help me make my writing better 🙂
Where do you normally draw inspiration for your blog posts?
Things that happen in my life, things I witness, and sometimes a thought that I want to write about and want to explore further
Who are you the most inspired by right now?
All of my fellow bloggers, warr;ors and mental health warr;ors, as well as my coworkers
If blogging is mainly your side hobby, where does your true passion lie?
Being a voice for those who feel like they’re in a dark tunnel, helping people in crisis and giving a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen, and a support in times of turmoil. I am a social worker by trade, and I wouldn’t trade it for the world
Do you feel that your current level of confidence is where you want/need it to be?
When I’m standing in front of a bunch of impressionable kids, I’m the most confident person ever and I love it! In real life, my confidence could use a little work
Do you feel like you have enough “me” time?
I take so much “me” time that it’s crazy. I just wish that sometimes I had some more productive “me” time and actually accomplished some goals once in a while (Exhibit A: it’s taken me 3 days to write this blog post)
Are you most comfortable in a crowd, or hiding out in your room?
My room, all the way. It has my books, my laptop and my Gilmore Girls ❤
In times when you feel overwhelmed by life, what do you do to re-center yourself?
Reading, writing, going for long drives, falling asleep at random times in a comfy bed, listening to empowering music
How do you stay motivated to keep writing blog posts if you don’t get the amount of feedback you’re aiming for?
Knowing that this blog is for me, as a way to write out my feelings, practice my skills and express myself. If I reach one person with at least one of my posts, then I’ve done my best
Does your family know that you blog? If not, why?
Right now, no. This blog is for me, and my personal thoughts and feelings. While some people would argue that putting them on the Internet isn’t really all that personal and private, it still feels like mine and my project and a great way to grow my feminism and faith without too much pressure from too many people I know all too personally
What is a lesson you wish you would have learned earlier on in life?
Your parents are there to help you, not hurt you, and they want you to succeed. There is no shame in asking them for help when you’re struggling, because they are there to help you learn how to live life and be independent
Here are Michelle’s questions:
How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to start writing?
I’ve been on and off blogging for about 4-5 years. I started in college, and was just looking for ways to express myself and my thoughts on the world around me. This is probably my 3rd or 4th attempt at a blog, and I have been so inspired this time by myself and my journey and all the other strong people in this world and the blogging community
What is your experience/journey with mental health?
I was diagnosed with depression in high school, and have been fighting it ever since. It’s been a long road of finding the self-care that works for me and the coping skills that get me down from the ledge that I’m on. See this post for the full story on my mental health journey
What are you favorite self-care tips/routines/rituals?
Painting and art have been really healing for me, as well as writing. There’s something about creating something from nothing or blank space that’s so wonderful and exciting. Reading is also a wonderful part of my self-care, being able to appreciate the work of fellow artists and writers.
What else do you enjoy, aside from blogging?
Reading, writing, journaling, watching Netflix, going for long drives with the music blaring
What is your favorite food?
Any comfort food, really 🙂 I’m a picky eater when it comes to some things, but I also know what I like and what makes me happy
Any book recommendations? Mental health related or just for fun?
I just finished This is Just My Face, Try Not to Stare by Gabourey Sidibe, and it was AMAZING! I also love reliving classic childhood books like the Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder and more. If I had to write them all down, it would be a blog post in itself. Stay tuned for that post!
What are your long term goals for your blog?
Keep up with it for at least 6 months, be a part of the community and write some stuff
What’s your favorite song when you are feeling down?
Fight Song by Rachel Platten, Brave by Sara Bareilles, Fight Like a Girl by Kali Shorr, I Am Invincible by Cassadee Pope, I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor, Make My Own Sunshine by Olivia Lane, Own It by Bailey Bryan, Road Less Traveled by Alyssa Bonagura, Road Less Traveled by Lauren Alaina, Roar by Katy Perry and pretty much anything country 🙂
What keeps you positive?
I’ve made it through every bad day so far; I can make it through these. God sometimes has a plan different than my ideas and trusting Him is the fastest way that I’ll be happy
What have you found to be the most difficult about blogging so far?
Sticking to a schedule and sometimes remembering to post
How has blogging or being a part of the blogging community helped you?
I have learned more about myself, my writing style and learned how to be more open with my mental health and personal journey. I have met some wonderfully strong and inspiring bloggers, and I am so grateful to be learning from them and working with them and building a group of warr;ors that I can lean on and be a part of and it’s so empowering!
And now…. it’s my turn. Here are some awesome bloggers that I admire:
- The lovely Kait: http://foodfeelingsfreedom.tumblr.com/
- The beautiful Emily: http://emilygcx.blogspot.co.uk/
- The bookish Weronika: https://www.sillybookquirks.com/
- The inspiring Gina: https://gina-alyse.com/
- The wonderful Grace: https://gracefortheroad.com/
- The literary Nicole: https://astoriedsoul.wordpress.com/
- MindYourWellness: https://mindyourwellnessblog.wordpress.com/
- The Recovering Mumma: https://recoveringmumma.wordpress.com/
- The strong Chloe: https://toomuchtooyoungblog.wordpress.com/
- The brave Sameera: https://mysickbeat.blogspot.com/
Here are my questions for you all!
- Is this your first blog? If not, how have your blog efforts changed over the years?
- How has blogging made an impact on your life?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- If you could travel any place in the world, where would it be?
- Favorite TV show to watch on a rainy day?
- If you could do one year in your life over again, what would it be and why?
- Name your 3 favorite things about yourself
- If you were going to run for president, how would you convince people to vote for you?
- Do you have any pets?
- What inspires you to blog, write or post?
- What is one thing that you wish everyone knew about you?
Thank you to moodsreflective and Michele for tagging me in this and allowing me to take part in it! I had a lot of fun, no matter how long it took me to write it!